Notice to EU Individuals: this Policy and the notices contained herein are intended to comply with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (the "GDPR") and provide appropriate protection and care with respect to the treatment of your user information in accordance with the GDPR.
This policy applies to information we collect:
On this Website.
In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
Through the App.
When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party.
Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under the age of 13 may provide any information on or through the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child less than 13 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child less than 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
HOW AND WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and App, including, but not limited to, information:
By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card or other payment information, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information").
That is about you but individually does not identify you.
About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website or App and usage details.
We may collect other information to assist you with your travel arrangements, including but not limited to, passport or other government-issued identification number, date of birth, gender, arrival and departure locations and times, airline, hotel or car rental loyalty program numbers, and other travel-related information.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically, as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your travel reservations and purchases. You may be required to provide financial information before completing a booking through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App, specifically, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download the App or delete it from your device.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see "Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information."
- Web Beacons. Pages of our website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see "Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information" below.
USING YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To fulfill your travel reservations and purchases, to communicate with you regarding your reservations and purchases, and to otherwise provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including payment processing, billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes or updates to our Website, App or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website or App.
- To promote our products and services by sending you marketing and advertising communications that we develop and believe may be of interest to you.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, but only to the extent such parties are necessary for the fulfillment of your travel arrangements. Generally, it will be necessary for us to process personal data via a third party, including, but not limited to, airlines, hotel vendors, car rental companies, and entry visa or passport companies, in the course of completing your purchases of travel.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Farebooth's assets, whether as an ongoing concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Farebooth about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information to fulfill our legal obligations:
- To comply with any court order, subpoena, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we in good faith believe that disclosure is necessary to conform to the edicts of law, prevent or investigate fraud, protect your safety or the rights, property, and/or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Notice to EU Individuals Under applicable law, the Company will not process and disclose your personal data without a lawful basis to do so, as such bases are defined in Article 6 of the GDPR. In general, at least one of the of the following must apply whenever personal data is processed:
- Consent. The individual has given clear consent for the processing of their personal data for a specific purpose.
- Contract: the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract.
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary to comply with the law.
- Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life.
- Public task: the processing is necessary to perform a task in the public interest, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of the data controller, unless there is a good reason to protect the individual's personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
YOUR CHOICES IN DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can unsubscribe.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request at email@example.com or you can unsubscribe. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can unsubscribe. For this opt-out to function you must have your browser or Smartphone set to accept browser cookies.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on NAI's website.
Notice of Rights of EU Individuals
As a "Data Subject" within the meaning of GDPR, under applicable law you have certain rights that you may exercise to protect your personal data, which you can exercise at any time. These Date Subject rights are:
- Right to be informed: You have the right to inquire about what personal data (about you) we process and the rationale for such processing.
- Right of Access to Information: You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we collect and process for you. If we refuse your request under your right of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why and you will have the right to complain to a relevant data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personally identifiable information.
- Right of Rectification: You have a right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete data that we collect and process for you.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: Where applicable, such as when there is a pending legal dispute or the data is being corrected, you have a right to temporarily restrict the processing of your data.
- Right to be forgotten: In certain circumstances you can ask for the data we collect about you to be erased from our records.
- Right of Portability: You have the right to have the data we collect about you to be transferred to another organization and for such data to be provided in a commonly used, structured, and machine-readable format.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: You have the right to withdraw a previously given consent for processing of your personal data for a specific purpose.
- Right to Object: You have the right to object to certain types of processing, such as using your personal data for direct marketing and advertising. This also applies to profiling, where appropriate, insofar as it is associated with such direct marketing and advertising.
The Data Subject may exercise these rights at any time by contacting the responsible party. The responsible party, according to Article 4 (7) of the GDPR, is Farebooth, 38 Pleasant Dr, Brewster, NY 10509, USA , Attn: Information Security Coordinator, telephone: 1-800-450-1910, E-mail: email@example.com.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take the security of your information very seriously. We have implemented industry-standard measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we try to protect your personal information using security measures we consider reasonable, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of your personal information transmit to us online. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. If we learn that your personal information is compromised, we may notify you by e-mail to the last e-mail address you have provided us in the most expedient time reasonable under the circumstances, or as otherwise required by applicable law, provided however, we may delay notification as may necessary while we determine the scope of the breach, attempt to restore reasonable integrity to our system, and cooperate with law enforcement.
PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION